One of the great ways of finding out about some of the wonderful blogs out there is through nominations for blogger awards. I love checking out people’s nominations and every now and then am lucky enough to be one of them.
I’m not organised enough to pass these nominations on immediately but that doesn’t mean that I forget about them, or that I don’t care about them, I most definitely do.
I have three for this post: the “I’m a Baking Enthusiast Award”, started by My Dear Bakes and for which I was nominated by Fae of Fae’s Twist and Tango; the “I’m a part of the WordPress Family” award, nominated by Julie of Sow, Sew and So; and the “Sunshine” Award, nominated by Melisa from Warm Toasty Muffins.
So thank you very much to all of you, I love all of your blogs so it’s a real honour! If by any chance any of my readers don’t already know these three I can highly recommend you check them out!
I am going to cheat slightly as I have already passed on Sunshine Award nominations in a previous post so please check those out here.
So, firstly the “I’m a Baking Enthusiast Award” – thank you Fae:
What the recipient should do upon receiving I’m a Baking Enthusiast Award:
- Visit and thank the person who has awarded you.
- Acknowledge the person and write a post on your blog/website/Facebook and include a link back so that others can find out about this award!
- As the award looks so nice. Do display the award on your website/Facebook!
- The recipient of the award can in turn select and award other blogs who deserve the award.
– Please note that this is optional, you can choose not to award anyone, even if you have received the award!
I would like to nominate Zeb Bakes for this Award. If there is anything you ever wanted to know about bread, you can find it here, along with other interesting insights and comments.
The “I’m a part of the WordPress Family” Award is a great concept. I’m still amazed at how much fun it is to have a blog and interact with other bloggers. When I decided to start a blog I really had no idea about what was actually involved. I was just looking for an outlet for my “stuff”. Believe it or not, I didn’t even follow any blogs so it has been amazing to find you all out there. I spend so much time reading other people’s posts it’s a miracle I ever manage to post anything myself!
Every blog is different and unique in its own way (by definition, obviously, but you know what I mean, I hope!). The best ones combine great topics, writing, creativity and thought. And there are so many out there it’s overwhelming sometimes, but in a good way.
So here are the rules for this one:
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family and let your Family members know you have awarded them
Julie is most definitely a part of that experience so thank you very much, Julie. A few of Julie’s nominations would also be mine but there is no shortage of deserving blogs. So here are my nominations:
Thank you to you all for making my blogging experience such a positive one!